Thermonuclear fusion holds the promise of a robust, safe and sustainable power source for future generations. However, mastering fusion energy stretches the limits of our technological capabilities and borders upon matters of deep scientific importance. Fusion is the source of power of stars such as our Sun.
The Czech Fusion Society was recently founded in 2015 with the intention of developing collaboration and the sharing of information between national fusion research establishments and educational institutions. This involves, in particular
- Research and development of fusion reactor technologies, including the ITER and DEMO fusion reactors
- Joint projects for research and development in the field of fusion technology
- Education, mentoring and training of students and professionals
- Joint organisation of topical seminars and conferences
- Furthering the interests of the Czech fusion programmes and related industrial partners in the framework of international consortia
The Czech Fusion Society continues the tradition of fusion R&D coordination in our country, which was previously provided by the Association EURATOM-IPP.CR
The Czech Fusion Society is based on the equality of the participating partners. Among its many activities, the Society organises annual meetings of its partners open to a larger audience, where the latest results of fusion research in the Czech Republic are presented.